Saturday, May 30, 2009

Keepin' it Sharp



“Passion is the element in which we live; without it, we hardly vegetate." -Lord Byron (English Romantic poet and satirist)

Passion is a powerful emotion, marking bountiful enthusiasm, and makes up the world we live in. Without passion, there is nothing. There is no color. There is no music. There is no life. Today, I was lucky enough to see passion in action. The singing group "The B-Sharps" put on
a concert in Canton today, artfully titled "Keepin' it Sharp". I could go into detail about it, but to keep it short, I say simply, it moved me to tears. As a musician,I've attended countless recitals and concerts, but never have I seen such love, such enthusiasm, such talent as I did today. The singers truly loved being there, and their talent was astonishing. I believe that art is our purpose here on Earth. It's simply rare to find it displayed with such passion. When we hear music like this, or see breathtaking paintings, or great acting, we find another place on earth. We find our purpose, our being, our shared soul. Perhaps their director said it best. "Go on out there and enjoy it. Do what you love." Never be afraid to do what you love. It is through doing what we love that we find our places in the world. So follow your heart, and find your passion, and as for those who mind? They do not matter. And those who truly matter? They do not mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatever strikes your fancy, but please, respectfully.