Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hope

The new year finds me hopeful. Gandhi once said to not lose faith in humanity, for humanity is like an ocean. Just because a few drops are dirty doesn't mean the entire ocean is. With this new faith, I dive in, full of joy and hope.

Sometimes we forget just how good it can be. It's the little things that count. Seeking perfection in the everyday isn't impossible. Family, sledding, hot cocoa, and the Three Stooges. Perfection. Live for these moments.

One of the biggest mistakes we make is with relationships. Often we become entwined in the idea that we need someone else. What we're really looking for is to be loved, inside and out, even our flaws. Nobody ever said you couldn't be that person for yourself. Love yourself. Inside and out. Even your flaws.

We've got to accept that there won't always be someone holding our hand. That's not to say someone isn't a moment away, our friends are always there to catch us when we fall. I'm learning to stand on my own two feet. If I fall, I fall, but I'll be able to say that I tried. Always strive for the best. Let go of your fear and push yourself.

For the first time in such a long time, I know I'll be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatever strikes your fancy, but please, respectfully.