Saturday, March 19, 2011

Dear Anonymous 2

"YOUR IGNORANCE AND INACCURACY IS STAMMERING. YOU DONT KNOW OTHER PEOPLE WELL ENOUGH TO JUDGE THEIR REASONS FOR DRESSING AND LOOKING HOW THEY LOOK. HOW DARE YOU." -Anonymous, on Recognition.

"Youre a hypocrite and your posts are annoyingly ignorant. grow up." - Anonymous, on Insanity


Anonymous, first of all, you're mostly right. Though, I'm not quite a hypocrite. A hypocrite pretends to have, or believe, or do, or not do something that their private life denies. I'm not lying about anything I do. Of course I'm ignorant, I'm young. Of course I'm inaccurate, I never claimed otherwise. Of course I'm biased. This is my blog, these are my thoughts. Thoughts are never facts. Believe it or not, I live a life in first person. I hear my thoughts, not anybody else's.

Secondly, I'm absolutely intrigued by who you are. There are those who can comment, leave mean, shallow, and incoherent responses on a whim and think nothing of it, comforted in the shadows of anonymity. But you're eloquent, and seem personally offended. I'm sorry, believe me, I am. Again, this is my website, my thoughts, no offense was meant.

Recognition wasn't a post meant to assume anything about anybody. "I pity the girls who don't get recognized. Who feel so pressured to cover up, just under the label of teenage girls, that nobody knows who they are." I stand by this. My opinions don't make me ignorant, nor inaccurate. Any girl may have any amount of reason for dressing any way they might choose, and I didn't attempt to give a reason for that, for something I don't understand. I meant only to try to explain the group as I was asked to do, to place myself in the equation.

I feel as though there's a glass slide, many, between different parts of the world, like a cover slip, for examination. And as much as people on one side are examined, so too are the others. And of course, the barrier. Don't you ever feel like you're more watching the rest of the world, terrified, and trying to figure out by god, how in the world you'll ever fit in there? That's how I feel. That's why I keep this blog.

Write back?

5 comments:

  1. good for you, puff.
    and as to anonymous, if you dont like it so much, then stop reading the freaking blog you nut shack.
    -ballz

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing. seriously haha :)
    -rob :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even your response to those comments was so full of so self indulging, you didn't even address the comment. You used large words to make someone else seem stupid, and that's simply insulting. Your posts about girls who straighten their hair and wear makeup was just rude, we can be who we REALLY are with and without makeup. You are not this special gift to the world, I have nothing against you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. being young doesn't excuse ignorance. you're a respectable writer, some of your posts are very good. that being said some of them are very wrong. you can have your opinion but its a seriously disturbed one. you actually judge people and who they are by how they appear. if i want to straighten my hair, its because i like the way it looks to ME. i do it FOR MYSELF. not because of insecurity. and saying "no offense" usually means what you're saying is indeed offensive. you're very cocky and self righteous in you're writing and probably in general. i guess youre just very narrow minded and really have no idea how rude an awakening you are going to recieve when you enter the real world. so i seriously wish you a good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dearest reagan,

    You are such a wonderful person to know. I take pride in knowing that you stand by your opinions, and you are willing to prove the reasons for you feeling this way.

    However, I am even more proud of how eloquently and strongly you hold your ground and stay true to yourself. You are a role model, even if you don't believe it.

    As I said before, I am proud to know you, and I can't wait to see what you'll be like in the future.

    ~ A Different Anonymous, Who's Only Being Mysterious To Be Playful :)

    (love you)

    ReplyDelete

say whatever strikes your fancy, but please, respectfully.