Thursday, May 9, 2013

Fear

I think I'm scared of him.

I leave already missing him, itching for just a little more time. I want to run back, throw my arms around his neck, just hold him close. I want to sit with him, I want to ask him what God is, and what he believes in, and the last time he prayed. I want to know where he'll be in five years, ten years, where he'll be when he's dead. I want to know why people have deja vu and if he's ever dreamt in color. I want to tell him things I don't have words for, trace the lines on his palms to see where they lead. I want to peer over the bridge of his nose, look into his eyes, and see if I can find the memories that he lost.

I want to open him up and understand him. I'm scared of someone else figuring him out before I do.

But I can't do any of these things. I bite my tongue.

I think he'd be scared of me.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Reagan! Don't be scared, go figure everything out. And remember, the people you often need most are those closest to you and those whom you take for granted. So take a risk, you won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete

say whatever strikes your fancy, but please, respectfully.