Tuesday, March 23, 2010

breathing theatre

the air sits heavy, undisturbed, pregnant with a thick, sleeping energy
as the door pulls open, the air spills out, pouring and washing over the same
walking through the isles, i can feel it beginning to move around me, my fingers drifting in the ripples behind me
as i climb onstage, the air whispers to me secrets of the past, as though it still holds all the music and pain that has been thrown into it
it harbors secrets from the audience, the booth, the lights, the world above the catwalk
i breathe deeply, taking in the familiar essence in silence
the bell, the shocking shrillness pierces the surrounding deepness
running down the isles, i feel myself slipping from the drafty fingers
the door falls behind me, sealing off the world i know
and with another deep breath, i cast myself off into uncertainty

2 comments:

  1. when does your book come out? you are an amazing writer

    ReplyDelete
  2. yess!!!!!!! ME TOO AGREE!

    ReplyDelete

say whatever strikes your fancy, but please, respectfully.