Sunday, March 28, 2010

Glass Cases

"Certain things, they should stay the way they are. You ought to be able to stick them in one of those big glass cases and just leave them alone." -Catcher in the Rye


There are, of course, moments that should stay frozen. People who shouldn't leave. Things that shouldn't end. Caught in a perfect moment, one could hold on forever and be happy. But once one walks away, everything shatters.

My friends are leaving, off to college on their own. I've grown as well, and lost my stereotyped baby position. In fact, I've lost my position with them as a friend at all. Things change. People change.

There are certain moments that shouldn't ever end. Like at a final show, our last night all together. Happy. Smiling. Together. Forever in a glass case to hold for eternity.

3 comments:

  1. I like this one. And? I understand how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you used a lot of periods. Its almost hypocritical. Things shouldn't end, yet you are ending everything with a period

    ReplyDelete
  3. just as holden caulfield touched your life, you touched mine

    ReplyDelete

say whatever strikes your fancy, but please, respectfully.