Saturday, February 5, 2011

To Those Without Responses

"I love the fact that you don't care what other people think. You are so talented but don't let it go to your head. You are so modest and kind and honestly there is no way I can sum up in 255 characters how much of an inspiration you are to me."

This has sat in my Formspring, unanswered and anonymous, for seven months and counting. Among others, heartfelt, incredible, loving posts, that I've never given responses. I'm selfish. Because if I keep them in my Formspring inbox, I get to see them every time I sign in. I'm sorry, to those who write, and never get responses. But please, know that it's because I keep your writing close to me.

Part of writing is being able to be read without looking for a response. You've put words together, words that could change lives. Words that have changed life. Like smiling at someone you don't know, or spreading OperationBeautiful notes, people underestimate the power of these words.

So thank you, those without responses. Thank you, all of you.

1 comment:

say whatever strikes your fancy, but please, respectfully.