Sunday, April 24, 2011

Venting

My dear friend,
Here's the deal. I'm terrified.
I cancelled my plans to see you. We haven't caught up in forever, and I figured you could help me work through some things that you've got a ton of experience in. That's what friends do, you know?
You cancelled. Without telling me. Which isn't the first time, so it doesn't come as a surprise. You made other plans. It was great of you to invite me along, really, I appreciated it, but when the point was to be able to talk, being with your friends, strangers to me,  in a dark loud movie theater ruins that.
And hey, getting coffee together earlier instead would've been absolutely fantastic. I called you to confirm, half an hour before. But you were busy, and it "wasn't worth it." Don't you see it's worth it to me? Do you see that I'm scared?
I get it. Everyone is pressed for time, everyone is stressed. Yet you find time to bake brownies with my ex-boyfriend over the weekend. That's impressive. Don't you see that it bothers me how close you are to him? Don't you realize he hurt me? But really, I'm glad you're there for him, because that's what friends are for. Right?
Nobody loves change. Nobody loves having new people invading such a big part of their lives. I know.
But don't you see how unwanted I feel? I feel alone. I feel scared. Can't you see I need you?

2 comments:

  1. There will always be people there for you whenever you need them. Sometimes, you just have to take a step back and look at the world through a new pair of eyes and then they will show themselves. But you are never alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...i didn't know you were that self-centered and hypocritical. i feel bad for the person you wrote this about

    ReplyDelete

say whatever strikes your fancy, but please, respectfully.