Friday, April 29, 2011

A Puffy Post

A post by Sara Ball

I have a confession to make. If someone had walked up to me in the beginning of ninth grade and told me that one day Reagan Henke would be my best friend, I would have laughed. She was definitely not the type of person that I thought I would be friends with. Reagan was always free to be herself, not caring what others thought, and I mean, she has an afro and wears overalls. I had never seen anyone wear overalls before. But it is because of Reagan that I am who I am today. Reagan introduced me to theater, first of all, and is the one who really inspired me. She has amazing talent. Reagan Henke will be the next Kristin Chenoweth; funny, gorgeous, successful, and loved by everyone. I have never seen anyone with so much talent. Reagan also taught me to not care what other people think and to just be you. I take that back. She didn’t really “teach” me. I guess it is more that part of her rubbed off on me. I am a better person because of her. I am not saying that Reagan is perfect. Nobody is perfect. And the great thing about Reagan is she knows that, and it makes her even more loveable. She knows her faults, but she also knows her strengths. She is confident, but not selfish. She is a beautiful person, inside and out.

It is hard to imagine my life without Reagan. She is about as good as a friend gets. On one of the hardest nights of my life, she was there for me. It was a night I will never forget, because I had Reagan, and I will be forever grateful for her. When I was in desperate need of a friend, my puff called off her dinner plans, went back home, and took care of me. We ate Chinese food, basked in the glory of Sam Nagle, and managed to keep my mind off of the crisis in my life. I’ll never forget staying up late watching school debate shows and laughing at the stupidity of it all. She is like my other half. We often say that our minds are one, because we think so alike. It actually can be kind of scary…
I wish I could go on and on about all of the memories I have with Reagan. Each one is just filled with laughter. I am looking forward to so many more.

Happy Birthday, Puff. You made it through 16 years of your life, and you turned out just fine. I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatever strikes your fancy, but please, respectfully.