Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Self-Centered Hypocrisy

"wow...i didn't know you were that self-centered and hypocritical. i feel bad for the person you wrote this about" -Anonymous, on Venting

You know the deal, I'll let anyone comment, and I get to respond to anything I don't like. 
Being self-centered refers to someone who only cares about themselves. Your comment would be applicable only if I refused to acknowledge that she had any other plans, or may have been busy, or only talked about myself. This is my blog, my post, and specifically, a post called "venting". I openly acknowledged "I get it. Everyone is pressed for time, everyone is stressed..." and "Nobody loves change. Nobody loves having new people invading such a big part of their lives. I know." I understand her point of view, and I was just trying to explain mine. 
Hypocritical refers to someone who criticizes someone, while secretly doing the same questionable action. Again, your point is invalid. I've reached out to her multiple times, I've texted, called, messaged, and she's busy. This doesn't make me a hypocrite. I'm not a hypocrite because I try to be there for my friends as often as they need me, and I'm sure there are people who can vouch for that. 
I am not self centered, and I am not a hypocrite. I'm sorry you feel I was harsh enough for her to deserve your pity. I am a girl. I have a blog. I am scared. And I feel alone. Come back when you have a valid criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatever strikes your fancy, but please, respectfully.