Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Having a Pulse

"Just having a pulse is different than living," they argue, "living is taking advantage of life to the fullest."

I don't have my ears pierced, and I've never sat all the way through a sporting event. I've never been to a high school dance or to a fair. I've never been on a roller coaster. I don't know popular music, I don't go to see movies in theaters. And aside from birthdays, I don't go to parties.

I think I'm alive, though I may not fit everyone's definition. Life excites me and I'm part of it, and I think that counts for something. I'm not sure what life is, or how to define it, but I don't think it's limited by standards or bucket lists. But maybe I'm wrong. All I know for sure is that I have a pulse.

1 comment:

  1. the only standards you have to live by are your own. what society says isn't necessarily true. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

say whatever strikes your fancy, but please, respectfully.