Monday, July 8, 2013

Dress Refashion

ModCloth. SO CUTE!



So, as Liv and I were making our shorts, I had another project going on in the background. I'm a little bit in love with this dress from ModCloth, but wasn't totally in the mood to spend $60 on it.


I did, however, have a vintage romper I got a year or two ago at a thrift shop. I thought it was kinda cute, but never figured out how to make it look good, so it was just kinda sitting around.
Not as cute...

Anyway, first step was to make it a dress, so I cut out the crotch and redid the seams. I used a seamripper to take off the sleeves and cut off the buttons. 



Then I took the fabric from the sleeves and made some ruffles, and pinned the whole thing into place, taking in the sides a little as I went. 

I used a really loose stitch on the sleeve fabric and tugged the top thread out a bit to ruffle it, which is probably the best ruffling technique I've found. 


I kinda changed my mind at that point and decided it should look like it had straps, so I picked up the scissors again and then stitched it all back together. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatever strikes your fancy, but please, respectfully.