Monday, July 22, 2013

Moonsoaked

I can't quite fall asleep. The moon is too loud. I hear the ring of the reflected light, falling from the sky, leaking onto my bed, spilling off the edges of my sheets. I sit up and put out my hand, catching a bit of the glimmering silver, but when I pull away, I can't take it with me, and I have nothing but a handful of darkness.

Grabbing my pillow, I spin myself around, so I can sleep upside down. Now I can see the moon out the window, barely peeking above the trees. The moonlight pours over my face, and it's still too much, too loud. I switch positions again, but this time, I pull the sheet up from the foot of my bed with me.

It's been soaking in the moon for hours. The silver has seeped into its whiteness, and it glows in the dark room. It feels cooler, crisper, than it should be. It leaks a sort of magic now. This, I can wrap myself in, and fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatever strikes your fancy, but please, respectfully.