Thursday, June 25, 2009

Genesis

“The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.” -JP Morgan

Genesis. Noun. An origin, creation, or beginning.
With summer, I welcome in a new beginning. Finally, I return to endless rehearsals and memorization, backstage jokes, and late nights with sheet music and tea. Nothing has changed. Nothing but me. There are obvious changes, I've gained nearly an octave in range. I've also shed my image as the youngest, and hope to get a leading role. My biggest change is only mentally. This year has contained so much, from heartbreak, to death. New friendships and changing paths. And of course, new romance.

His name is Connor, and I truly believe the sun revolves solely around him. He might just be perfect. I've had a crush on him for months. Now that we're dating, every text makes me smile. I long for his next call, just to hear his voice again. Am I obsessed? Nope, just lost in a mix of excitement and ecstasy. For romance is just that. Full of excitement and happiness. Daring and bold.

So I welcome this new beginning. I welcome Les Miserables. I welcome rehearsals and over packed schedules. I welcome love. It's time to start. Good luck. Get ready. Get set. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatever strikes your fancy, but please, respectfully.